Sunday, February 05, 2006

Update

Yeah, so I haven't been able to post. I only have computer access at work for the most part, and I can check my email but it looks bad if I'm using my work time to reply to people or to post things on my blog. Slightly unprofessional. So my link to everyone has been with my lovely new cell phone, which I found out lacks the ability to download ringtones. My dreams of reaching for my phone while Kashmir plays? Dashed.

Anyway - there's a lot to say, but not very much time to say it. Ben has been generous enough to offer his laptop for a while, but thus far we haven't met up to make the exchange. We did meet up to go to a very odd party on W Street in Southwest DC though. I've also had time to hang out with Paul, Tia, Clayt, and his wife Jessica.

Today for the Super Bowl, I think I'm just going to stick around the apartment and we're going to eat a lot.

The internship is going well, although as I thought, networking is the be-all and end-all to the experience....who you know, not what you know, et cetera. We'll see how things work out. There is a slight chance I could wind up with at least some kind of job down here at the end of the internship - probably in the low to mid-20K range. The big perk would be the possibility of getting some loans paid off. We'll see what happens. I'd like to type more, but I'm hogging my roommate's computer, so that's all for now.

1 comment:

Amy said...

In Metro DC 20K is not acceptable. Don't take it! You should be able to make 28K MINIMUM if this is your first job out of college. Check out craigslist.org - it's the answer to all the problems life throws at you :) I promise.