Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Twist of the Arm Might Weaken You...

You'll notice quickly that while the video quality is pretty decent here, the audio kinda sucks. The bass at the show was obviously too much for the little microphone of the camera. These were taken with Laura's Canon camera, which is newer and smaller than my Nikon. The audio on my Nikon seems to be better for this type of recording, but the video is normally awful in the dark. I guess it might be time for an upgrade, but that's unlikely anytime soon. In any event, I would recommend enjoying these videos with the volume turned a bit lower.

Twist My Arm


First song of the night I really knew well, courtesy of a burned copy of Road Apples that MK provided me in 2001 at JCC. Thank you, Matthew.

It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken


I don't know much about this song. I listened to it on The Hip's website a couple hours before the concert along with a few others that I had seen on recent setlists. That's how I 'discovered' Yawning or Snarling, the ominous introduction of which I became an instant fan. I would have captured that song on video, but I knew I didn't have enough space on the memory card. Anyway, '...Good Life...' seems to have its roots in a graphic novel; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Good_Life,_If_You_Don%27t_Weaken

1 comment:

Wendy said...

And I purchased "Road Apples" for Matt at New World Record on Elmwood in Buffalo because he couldn't find it anywhere else and I told him, "They probably have it - they have everything."