Monday, March 06, 2006

Sick

I felt like shit today. I came very close to falling asleep during a meeting I was sitting in on today. Probably would have been embarrassing. Slightly.

Went to a wine and cheese Oscar party last night. It was a bit over my head, I think. I hadn't seen any of the Best Picture nominees, and I used to consider myself a movie person. Down here, I haven't even bothered to check out the location of the nearest theater.

Friday, we hosted a poker tournament here at our apartment. I should have some pictures up in a couple days from Downey's camera. I specifically asked that at least one picture of me with the chip lead be taken, just to immortalize the moment and let it be known that I had one semi-decent game in my life. Didn't last though, of course. I started betting stupidly or my luck ran out, or both. Oh well. Fun while it lasted. We headed to the bar afterward, came back, and then subjected my roommates to extended viewing of the (official) Led Zeppelin DVD, which they did a good job of at least pretending to enjoy.

Saturday, I headed to Paul and Tia's place for some White Russians and some other more experimental drinks while listening to PJ and Pink Floyd. We had some intellectually stimulating discussions, looked at some photo albums of our friends, and even watched some very interesting video of the Big Sur Six. Good times. Sunday, Paul made me the first omelette of my life. Previous egg-sperience (only time I'll ever use that - I swear) was scrambled only. Good stuff.

Sunday was aimless driving followed by the Oscar party.

Today was crap. I've drank about thirty ounces of orange juice and took my first vitamins in about three weeks. I might even get to bed before 11:30.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, you had a poker game, WITHOUT me. I'm sad Wyatt, very, very sad.