Saturday, June 10, 2006

Charles Bridge, Prague


I talked to Laura (of Journey sing-a-long fame) from Chicago last night, and it seems that she's going to Prague in August. I said I would send her some information on places to go, and in looking over the blog posts from when I returned, I was surprised that I hadn't put more pictures up. So here are a few more.


According to my Lonely Planet guide, the Charles Bridge was completed around 1400. It was designed by Peter Parker (probably not Spider-Man's alter-ego). You can see Prasky Hrad/Prague Castle in the background.


The book reminds us that most of the statues are copies of originals that are preserved in Vysehrad and at Fairgrounds Lapidarium. It also repeats a popular myth that rubbing the plaque of Jan of Nepomuk's statue will guarantee a return to the city. The authors dryly note that purchasing a plane ticket might be more reliable. Posted by Picasa

No comments: