Wednesday, September 03, 2008

CNN Larry King - Democratic Response?

Just had to post about this, since I did a quick Google search and failed to find anything. Larry King had a panel chock full of Republicans on every evening after the Democratic National Convention. True, some were billed as Republicans who had not officially endorsed McCain as of yet.

Quite the contrast tonight when the situation was reversed; after tonight's session of the Republican National Convention, with the on-screen tagline of "Dems' Take on GOP Convention," Larry had a full segment with a panel consisting of Jesse Ventura, DL Hughley, and Dee Dee Myers. Ventura was elected governor of Minnesota under the banner of the 'Reform Party' (Ventura was the keynote speaker at today's Ron Paul 'counter-convention' in MN, and indicated that he could not support Obama or any Democrat because they would raise his taxes). Hughley is an actor/comedian and self-professed cynic that admitted he was not impressed with either party or candidate (he said that since the choice was between one guy who is half-black and another who is half-dead, he'll be voting for Obama). Myers was press secretary for Clinton, and the only actual 'Democrat' on the panel.

This didn't stop CNN from labeling the whole segment "Dems' Take on GOP Convention" though. Why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree... I sent an email to CNN last night and left a comment on the Political Ticker under the "Speechs to get Edgier" story to complain about this. I hope a lot of people tell CNN that this is UNACCEPTABLE and hopefully he will be better tonight. I mean where was Harry Reid, James Carville and others that are regularly on his show? I mean really Jesse Ventura?

Anonymous said...

Umm... I'm watching the Democratic response RIGHT NOW on Larry King. Uhhh, what are you talking about?

Wyatt said...

Kate, I just spelled out what I was talking about in the post. I said who the guests were in the segment to which I was voicing my objection.

Judging by the time of your comment, you were watching the next night, with a different lineup of guests (and a more appropriate one, given the fact that it was supposed to be a "Democratic Response").