Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day

Well, I spent 12-6 working at Sears. I saw Rebecca Ball with her brother today. Michael bought a Sony mp3 player. She was, and continues to be, a very nice person to me. Rebecca greeted me with a hug and what seemed to be sincere interest in how I'm doing.

After that little incident with the Ant/Grasshopper Affirmative Action email in 2003 or 2004, she and Chelsy both emailed me and were extremely supportive. That was a big surprise. I always liked Rebecca - I wrote her a horribly long love letter in 6th grade. She was very compassionate in the way that she crushed my eleven year old dreams though. Anyway, she looks great and I believe she's getting married soon or perhaps already is. I don't know. Nice to see her.

I also saw Steve Anderson, who was a great friend to me growing up. I used to get off the bus at my grandparents' house after school until I was 13 or so, first because both my parents worked and later because most of my friends lived around that area (Drew Erlandson, John Matteo, Steve). Steve lived just up the road and was friends with a few of the guys I always considered to be assholes. He always stuck up for me and was just a good guy all around. He's had kind of a tough time in life to a certain extent and always handled himself very well. It was good to see him.

I'll be going to my grandparents' after I get out of work and then over to Ozzie's to plan our trip to Philly.

No comments: