Monday, July 17, 2006

Some Good Memories, 1999

I talked about this girl so much after meeting her that Kristen took to calling her "Sabreena the Teenage Goddess."

Anyway, these are from the 1999 FBLA State Conference, once again in Rochester. Sabreena and I met when she came with her friend Dana looking to borrow a pair of scissors. Ben had some, and the rest was history. I had two very happy days, having seemingly had a dream come true. I wanted her to come to prom, but her parents vetoed the idea. I ended up not going to my senior prom.

I think a lot of people have something like this in their past, someone that they think of as pretty close to perfect, for the simple reason that they spent some short period of bliss with them, but never had any real chance to get to know them as a real person (with whom they might not actually be compatible).

We kept in touch for a while. I believe she got engaged three years ago.





 Posted by Picasa

No comments: