Monday, March 09, 2009

Chris Cornell NPR Interview

Follow the link to the ~8 minute interview.

Cornell says he's perfectly aware that many of his fans may not follow him on this foray into what interviewer Jacki Lyden refers to as "neo-soul" music with producer Timbaland on his newest album, Scream. Pretty sure I will be among those left behind.

I bought tickets to see Chris Cornell here in Chicago at the Riviera in April, but as that date approaches, I'm going to take a close look at his recent setlists. If they feature a heavy dose of Scream, I might have to consider selling my tickets.

Purchasing the tix through TicketBastard gives me the opportunity to download the 'digital album' tomorrow. After listening to the bulk of it on Cornell's mySpace page the other day, I'm inclined to pass on that chance.

No comments: