Sunday, March 08, 2009

Further Evidence I Should Not Be a Teacher

Below, please enjoy some selected feedback received after my mini-lesson presentation to my graduate school class on Thursday evening. For the "ice-breaker"/"bell-ringer", I introduced the lesson on the causes of World War II by showing some political cartoons depicting US isolationism. This is some of what showed up under the question 'What suggestions could you make to enhance the quality and/or effectiveness of the lesson?'

_____________

"Your tone at the beginning was too somber & took the humor out of your cartoons"

"You need to up your enthusiasm"

"Maybe try and speak up more"

"enthusiasm"

"you love this stuff Wyatt - act like it :)"

"You seemed very down or upset. Not much enthusiasm"

"Maybe a lil more enthusiasm?"

"Needed a bit more vocal variety"
_______________________

Of course, my favorite was the one that claimed that I managed to sap the humor from the cartoons... that's me, alright - I can extract the joy from just about anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we can't all tell jokes brother.