Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jazz Trio


Yeah, I know the picture's blurry. This was taken with my camera's night mode inside a very dark little hole-in-the-wall kind of place. Very good atmosphere, but not good for pictures. Anyway, these guys were great. They played all 30s and 40s era American standards. The piano player, who looked like Norm from Cheers (George Wendt), was actually blind. He also sang. The sax player was very mellow, but the trombone player was the best of the three to watch. He was incredibly animated - smiling at everyone, raising his eyebrows, stomping his feet, and rocking back and forth. The beer at the club was very good - something dark; I forget the name. This is where Kristen, Steph, and Nurangiz had absinthe for the first time, and also where I had some. None of them could finish an entire shot, so I got the leavings. I won't explain the process in detail right now, because I should be getting ready to leave. But basically, the stuff tastes like Nyquil multiplied by a factor of ten. Not something I'd care to drink all night. Posted by Picasa

No comments: