Thursday, January 20, 2005

Back To School

I have class in ten hours or so. Just one class today. On Friday I'll have three, and on Mondays and Wednesdays, I'll have four. Good times? We'll see.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have The Cold War from 11am to 12:20pm. Looks like it may be a large class. Well, I just looked it up. Fifty people. I know that's not a large class at a big school, but it's a big class for an upper level course at Fredonia. It's being co-taught by two professors, one of whom I've had before. It should be an interesting class. This is pretty much my primary area of interest in history, and if I turn out to be a history teacher someday, this would be my ideal concentration.

On Monday, I'll start with Medieval History II at 11-11:50am. I'm not looking forward to this class. I can't really recall why I took it in the first place. The "Middle Ages" period is probably my least favorite period of history. Knights and castles are cool, but overall it's a very bleak time in my estimation. Perhaps I'll have have a change of heart after this class, but I'm not betting on it.
Then I have Science Fiction from 12-12:50pm, which is an English class. I read a ton of sci-fi books when I was younger, so I'm kind of looking forward to this class and I hope it won't be too writing-intensive. I'm looking to it as kind of a break from the essays and reports I'll be doing for my History and Poli-Sci classes. We'll see. I've already got the reading list for that class. Maybe I'll post it sometime. I've read two of the books already - Red Mars (which is book one of a trilogy) and Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles, but I read both of them a long time ago. I'm in the class with Theresa from my Modern British Lit class from last semester. We got to be good friends, and I think Steve's in the class as well, so that should make it a lot more tolerable.
I have a break after that class, although just until 2pm, when I have Media and Politics until 2:50. That class should be great. Rankin is a very popular professor, and I think I have quite a bit to say on the subject. We'll see if others do as well, or if the professor happens to agree with my politics. But hey, he's educated and informed, so he must be a leftist, right?
On Mondays and Wednesdays, I'll also have a fourth class, from 3-4:20pm, which could be a killer if it's not interesting. I tend to fall asleep very quickly in classes where I'm not very "into it." But this class should be good. It's The 1960s with Richard Filipink. Filipink's kind of a young guy, and this is going to sound a little gay, but he's got hair like I'd like to have if and when I grow mine out again. Or at least he used to. He may have cut it. That was two years ago. I think he's from down south, but I'm not completely sure. Anyway, he's a good teacher and hopefully it'll be a good class.

So I should try to get some sleep. Perhaps I'll have something to say tomorrow.

1 comment:

Wyatt said...

So somebody's a Radiohead fan. I have a couple guesses as to who this might be, but none of them seem very likely. Would you care to identify yourself?