Sunday, February 13, 2005

Fantastic

Emphasis added -

Amy said...
Wendy, bottom line is this. You aren't the one who FIRST told me the story. I was the one who asked you if the "incidents in question" really happened. So don't think you did anything wrong, because you didn't!
It upset me when I heard the story because I know what a nice guy Matt is and how much crap he's been through with his leg. And I know how Wyatt gets - and could only imagine how much worse he must act under the influence.

I wasn't there, so I shouldn't have commented on things I wasn't present for. I'm sorry.
This whole thing is such a big weird mess.
______________________________________

Another cryptic way of "setting the record straight" by (again) not telling us who provided her with the original (horribly warped) version of the night's events. And then a great testimonial about my behavior (which is apparently something like that of a steroid-user on cocaine).

I can't expect anyone to refute these allegations. This is the kind of intelligent, incisive look at my personality that I've always longed for, and now I'm truly finding out who I really am. I can't imagine a better analysis.

Ah, the power of the internet. The freedom and security to say things to and about people you would rarely, if ever, say to them in person. I really try not to engage in that sort of thing.
I'm fairly blunt in person, and I try to write exactly as I would speak. I don't pander, side-step, or avoid the issues at hand.

Anyway - I wonder how far this would go if we all had to talk to each other face to face. Granted, I think both Wendy and I will go further than others in saying straight out what we think - but even then, it seems like this would be resolved by now and that we could all agree on a single, standard version of what actually transpired. And hopefully that version would resemble the truth, which is that I never hit Matt in the leg on that night or any other. I'm not sure that such a roundtable discussion would involve anyone who was not present that night. It would necessitate an invitation to the mystery person who gave Amy the story of my supposed assault. I'll admit I am now mildly curious as to whom this might be.

Hopefully, this will be the end of it, but we can never tell what people are going to come up with next in their continuing desire to 'set the record straight' by obscuring it further. Gotta love it. In a helpful and appreciated comment under the "Meet Wyatt..." post, Thom has given his version of the night in question. You might know Thom as Matt's good and loyal friend for a period of many years. Amazingly, Thom has yet to realize the destructive power of my aggressive personality. In fact, despite many warnings, Thom hung out with me last night. We went to a party where alcohol was served. There were no fights. There was a certain team who won three consecutive games of beer pong, but (in an effort to 'set the record straight') I won't mention any names.

No comments: