Friday, February 11, 2005

Response to Follow

Right now, I don't have the time or anger to devote to a suitable response, but I will let you know what I'm stewing about.
In case you missed it, here is the post in question. When I post my response, I'm going to do my best to be civil, although I can't promise that I won't be sarcastic. It's almost too much for me to take.
Last night, I received this comment:
_________________________________
Anonymous said...
Hey Wyatt. It's Amy Gustafson - that evil girl who "makes up" cruel stories to make you look like a bad guy for no reason....

Just to set the record straight, it wasn't Wendy who shared this story with me, so don't flip out on her about it.

When I asked her about Turck's New Years party and if you had really nailed Matt in the chest and then pushed his bad leg - she actually gave me a milder version of what I had originally heard. So if anything - you should thank her for making you seem like LESS of an ass.

Matt and Wendy are probably two of the best friends you will ever have. Honestly, I don't see why you don't go out of your way to be nicer to them.

Whatever happened - it's over and done with. I just thought I'd set the record straight. And don't get me wrong - I don't hate you. I just don't know why people continue to hang around you when you treat them like crap all the time.

You really aren't a bad guy sometimes. I sincerely hope you can control yourself at Aaron & Nikki's wedding.

And, by the way, if I do end up bringing a date of another race or ethnicity, I'd appreciate you keeping your Affirmative Action jokes to yourself.

Thanks so much.
_________________________________

The Affirmative Action reference is to an email I sent in reply to a forwarded message involving a political parody of the ant/grasshopper fable sent to me by Amy. I still have the whole exchange on my home computer, and maybe I'll post it sometime. Right now I'm at school, and I wouldn't want to take anything out of context.

This entire thing seems so juvenile and ridiculous to me, and I suppose that when I post my response, I'm going to be playing right into that. I'm sorry, but I don't think I should just let this go. Obviously, someone wants to provoke me, since I don't believe I ever sent Amy the link to my blog and I doubt that she just happened to stumble on a post I made on January 15. If she's not getting this faulty account of events from Wendy, then the field of 'suspects' narrows even further. Apparently I should be thanking Wendy for making me look like "LESS of an ass" which is something that I will do here and now, and in fact I will extend that gratitude toward anyone who can possibly make me look like less of an ass (as we know, this is one of the most difficult jobs one can possibly have). The task of making me look like less of an ass is like being Press Secretary for President Bush, being in charge of odor-control in a field of cow manure, or scientific studies at the Tobacco Institute. Hey - it's tough. I realize that. And for that I thank you.

Yes, I know that seemed like a rebuttal, but I'm not done yet.

6 comments:

Wendolene said...

Wyatt, let it go.
Amy, if you read this, let it go.
Anyone else who may be thinking about getting involved, let it go.
Matt's the one who suffered the actual physical discomfort, and I'll bet he's already forgotten about this.

Wyatt said...

What's really amazing is that there's nothing to remember.

Ben VanEvery said...

wyatt, please lick me.

nathan said...

When do you guys want to have another party? I was thinking about sometime over spring break....

Wyatt said...

Only if you invite some quadriplegics. We can wheel them out on your deck and then tip them out of their chairs down the stairs. Sounds like a good time.

Anonymous said...

Wyatt says he swears that If I do not say that he is of gentle spirit, he'll break my legs. Damn. See, he IS cute and cuddly. Maybe you should all calm the hell down, and drop shit that happened what...LAST YEAR??? (realize it was only like 5 weeks ago, still), just because he is a hate mongerer, jesus...
Get a life, get a job, buy a vowel, do something, just piss off.