Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Having a Drink with Mr. Plant


Susie, Cindi's sister (sorry, don't know her name), Robert Plant, Cindi, Justin Adams (guitar, Strange Sensation)


Well, I'm not sure what to say about this other than that I'll resent these people for the rest of their lives for being able to hang out with one of my idols while I was busy trying to drive a few hours after the concert so I wouldn't have to drive for 13 hours the next day.

No - I probably won't hold it against them...for long. Anyway - these are some of the people that I spent time with in line before the show in Myrtle Beach. We had some nice conversations, some Zeppelin-related and some not. I also ended up standing next to most of them for the duration of the performance and we talked for a bit after the show. Susie and Jim informed me that they were going to try to meet Robert. I basically said, "good luck." Well, they were pretty determined. They found out he was staying at a certain hotel, finally tracked it down, and eventually encountered the band minus Robert (I may post that picture later, but I realize most of you don't care) and later saw Mr. Plant emerge from an elevator. I won't go into the whole story, since it depresses me to tell it - ha - but essentially, they had the pleasure of sitting down with Robert and having a nice, casual, hour-long discussion over drinks in the hotel lounge.

Yeah, I said an hour.

Anyway - they're all nice people, and Susie was kind enough to send me some pictures. I've talked to Cindi via email since the show - from all accounts, she was virtually speechless the entire meeting.

So although I went alone, I did meet some great Zep/Plant fans, and that's what it's all about.

No comments: