Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Smile of a Satisfied Fan


Me, Zareh, and Jim (Susie's husband) after the show in Myrtle Beach



This picture was taken just outside the House of Blues after the show. I had talked with Zareh and his beautiful wife for quite a while prior to the show. Zareh reminded me a great deal of my friend Paul, just in his ecclectic musical taste and the ease with which he and I conversed about bands we enjoyed. He lives in New York City, but had traveled up from a temporary stay in Georgia to be there for the show. There was some bittersweet quality to the encounter with Zareh and Alina, just because they reminded me of the four Plant shows I had attended with Destini, mostly by their shared enthusiasm and obvious love for each other. It just brought to my attention, once again, that I was alone.
Jim is Susie's husband, and we had also talked while standing in line. He seems like a really great guy, and really - how can you not be a great husband if you're taking your wife to see Robert Plant? They had flown in from Wisconsin and both had a great attitude about life, basically espousing the belief that life is meant to be enjoyed and that they weren't going to wait until retirement to have a good time. I was very lucky to have great people around for the very long wait before the show. This is in direct contrast to the next month's Audioslave show, when Matt, Thom, KP, and myself were surrounded by idiots.

No comments: