Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Nice To See Some People Speaking Up

From CrooksandLiars.com:
"Bright Eyes plays anti-Bush song on Jay Leno

I couldn't believe he got to play this song on NBC.
I'm waiting for the right wingers to mount a protest against Jay Leno and NBC now. Brent Bozell will proclaim "liberal bias" high atop the rafters of the MRC.
Click here for the performance
Daily Kos: Last night, folk-rocker Conor Oberst (aka Bright Eyes) performed on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. If you've heard any of his albums, you know Bright Eyes is clearly political (he participated in last year's Vote for Change tour, as noted in the Rolling Stone excerpt I posted below the fold).
But last night's performance was just incredible -- in fact, I'm legitimately surprised NBC even allowed it to air..."

and also:
http://homepage.mac.com/njenson/movies/timryanlow.html

1 comment:

Wyatt said...

I remember watching the Smothers Brothers when I was little. My parents let me stay up for them. My mother was a big fan.