Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Welcome To The Desert

I've turned down my thermostat from 66 degrees to 60 to 58 and now to 52 degrees.

However, the temperature in the apartment remains a vaguely hellish 82 degrees Fahrenheit.

In the morning, I awake parched, with my lips incredibly dry. The skin on my hands is weathered and not particularly becoming. If I was staying here more than ten more days, I might be tempted to purchase a humidifier.

I'm under the impression that the ladies downstairs in the doll shop keep their quarters at 102 and the warm air is rising up to me whether I like it or not.

Well, I don't.

Not one bit.

2 comments:

The Marynator said...

Too bad my old lady downstairs doesn't keep her apartment that hot. My kitchen floor is positively frigid as is the bathroom, unless I intervene with my portable electric heater.

Anonymous said...

apparently my comments are a waste of wyatt's time. so i am going to waste his time with this comment...waste, waste, waste. good luck finishing your papers while i annoy you in the library all night long.
by the way, if you open windows it cools down a house. just a thought.

kristen o (o for original kristen)