Friday, December 30, 2005

Joe's Return Party

My friend Joe returned December 23rd from 2.5 years in the Peace Corps, working in Tanzania. I’m going to post some pictures that Wendy took at his coming-home party. I know most of you who visit my site visit Wendy’s on a regular basis as well, but I figured it would be nice to have them here as well. She just posted a bunch of them the other day.

One of them has been cropped so that I’m not showing as much out-of-shape pectoral (AKA flabby man-breast) through my shirt, but you can always find the unedited photo at Wendy’s site.

The last few days have been a lot of fun. I’ve had the opportunity to hang out with a lot of people I don’t normally get to spend time with, and it’s been great. Joe showed Turck and I some pictures from his time in Tanzania, as well as a few short video clips of leopards and elephants. Ben showed up a little later and we watched a DVD of Joe’s white-water rafting experience in Uganda, on the rapids that actually make up the source of the Nile River.

Most of the photos you'll see are smaller than on Wendy's site, and I had to upload them one at time because of my beloved narrow-band connection.

Anyway, I was going to say more, but with all these pictures, I guess there's little need.

No comments: