Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Robert Plant/Leadbelly - Cleveland

Just one more -

I keep forgetting to post this. It's a little review I wrote for www.tblweb.com about the Robert Plant performance at the Leadbelly Tribute show I went to see.

http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/tour-watch/robert-plant-tour-watch/leadbelly-tribute-concert-severance-hall-cleveland-ohio/

I went with my good buddy Abe (of Stockton, USA fame) and Stephanie. I wish I could direct you to their respective blogs, but regrettably they're behind even me in the world of blogging, which is to say they don't have one - yet.

Steph did suggest that I provide some games for people who visit my site. Her love of any and all games has come under question recently, but I can tell you for sure that she loves playing categories and word association more than anything else.

Alright, so she hates games and she resented having to play along. Abe and Stephanie were joined in my Plymouth Breeze (which recently encountered a deer, by the way) by two sisters hailing from Louisiana - one of whom I work with on an irregular basis at Sears, and I thought that it would be a nice way to get through the 2.5 hour ride back from Cleveland if we played some games. As it turns out, Stephanie is not a big fan of participating in these activities, and she's going to be even more angry when she finds that I've made her the subject of this post. Anyway, what followed was some of the worst play at categories or word association (by the whole sorry lot of us, not just Steph) that I had ever witnessed. Since no one wanted to talk to each other, I thought the games would be a good idea. I was apparently quite wrong, and I've apologized for putting all of them through such an ordeal. I can say with virtually all the certainty in the world, due to one situation in particular, that the same cast of characters will never be assembled again, so they won't have to worry about it.

Los Lobos, Justin Adams, Robert Plant, Alison Krauss

[Photo by Neal Hamilton of Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum]


No comments: