Monday, December 20, 2004

Slightly Lame Quiz - "Which Led Zeppelin album are you?"

See - you guys should love it when I post stuff like this. Know why? Because now with this blog, I can put it here instead of emailing it to you, since I'm sure you don't give a damn. Just like whenever I would send you complete multi-page interviews with Robert Plant that were about 58k and clogged your inbox. But I'm sure you read every word.

Anyway, this is a rather silly quiz, and it is supposed to translate your personality into a particular Zeppelin album. As always with these things, I was not impressed or pleased with most of the choices that were presented. Then again, I fancy myself to be a unique individual whose personality does not fit any pre-existing mold. But I'm probably wrong about that, too.

So yeah - I was deemed The Song Remains The Same, which was Zeppelin's only officially-released live album until last year's How The West Was Won and DVD offerings. TSRTS was culled from three nights at Madison Square Garden (July 27-29) in 1973. The album was not released until 1976, for a variety of reasons that I will refrain from discussing at this time. The performances, while adequate, were certainly not among the band's greatest; TSRTS was not regarded highly by most Zeppelin fans who were "in the know" and could compare the shows to other recordings of slightly less legitimate origins (like the dozens of bootleg recordings I own - side note: Floyd fans are a paranoid bunch...they insist on avoiding the term 'bootleg' and calling them RoIO instead - Recordings of Illegitimate Origin).

Back to the point of this post...the results of my quiz were as follows:
"The Song Remains the Same. Hey, life's a party, right? Nobody's perfect, and nobody gets them all right all the time. Light one up, find the keg, and worry about the rest later."

Not sure that sums me up at all, but perhaps I'll try again later. You may take the quiz and post your results in the comments section if you so desire.

2 comments:

Wyatt said...

Okay, so I just took the quiz again and used all the answers that I had thought of using the first time and decided against...and I came up with the same thing. Apparently my song remains the same as well. So now I'm really curious to see if anyone gets anything different. The person who posted this quiz to the Zep mailing list got Presence, although I'm not sure how.

Anonymous said...

I got the same results as Kevin and Brett. I would also like to add that although I don't like games, I'm a sucker for lame quizzes. Additionally, since I am so behind the times and do not have my own blog, I was forced to post anonymously. Now does my anonymity say more about who I am than this quiz? I wonder...