Saturday, December 11, 2004

Wading into the World of the Blog

What to do when you have a 20-page paper due on Monday that you haven't started, in addition to two papers you haven't completed that were due this week?
If you answered: "why, you would update your blog for the first time in eight months, of course," then you're a winner.

So I recently found out my good friends Kristen and Biz were heading to Spain and Morocco next month. When John comes back, he's going off to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Since that's in Tanzania, I thought of Joe Holler and checked out his blog, especially all the places he's been. And I've come to the conclusion that my life sucks. Well, let me rephrase that. I have arrived, once again, to the conclusion that my life sucks. Yes, that's more accurate.

I can talk all I want about the books I've read and my thoughts on the Ukrainian elections and even wax philosophically on the color of traffic lights like my friend Brett...but the fact remains that there are other people out there, many of whom are pretty good friends of mine, who have had real life experiences.

Meanwhile, it's all well and good to go to another concert and to buy fifty more CDs from BMG and then figure out that I need a new giant CD case...but where is this getting me? Well, it's getting me to complain, I guess.

I think this blog might be a good idea, since it will allow me to bitch almost non-stop, but you guys will only read it if you want to. So it's a win-win proposition. I get to complain and you don't have to hear it. Or read it. Unless you really want to.

With that said, I shouldn't really be updating it until I actually get my work done. But we know what will happen there, don't we?

Stay tuned, and I'll tackle more pressing issues in the future....

No comments: